baby developmentbaby developmentbaby development

Friday, September 23, 2011

6 months go so fast.

So I get a couple of minutes to write! Yay.

School starts and it seems there is never time for anything. Plus, Tae Kwan Do takes up 4 nights a week. I feel like I'm barely ever home...and it shows. We are still cluttered and full of boxes. Not that being home would help...Zoe keeps my hands pretty full, so it is hard to get anything done.

Zoe. She is rolling all over and trying to inchworm places. We are so not ready for a moving baby. I know I wanted a crawler, but it really is easy with babies who go straight to walking...you are there helping them walk everywhere so it is easy to teach "no no" if they try to get into something.

Nathan seems to be doing very well with school. I just heard from another mom that several kids fight over sitting by him at lunch. Nice to hear these things.

Abby is glad to be back with her old friends. Almost too glad...the school pretty much sucks compared to the Kentucky school...never thought I'd say that. Kentucky gave her advanced reading, independent study, gifted class, and really pushed her in many areas. This school...nothing. Nothing at all. I emailed the teacher and she said that things take time to get organized, but the most they do is leveled reading groups. Sorry, but why does that take a whole month to set up? She also said she was going to test Abby for reading first, but it hasn't happened yet. So big deal...even if Abby tests as a college kid in reading, apparently they won't do anything for her but put her with the "high" level reading group. I get so irritated, but lack of gifted education is sort of a pet peeve of mine.

Anyway, we did look into options a bit. There is a private school nearby that focuses on getting kids ready for college. If you test into high school reading, but are only 8, by golly, you get high school reading. If you are 15 but need 4th grade reading, by golly, you get 4th grade reading. Small classes. High expectations. Test scores off the charts. We talked to Abby a little bit, but her chin quivered and she didn't want to leave her friends AGAIN. I get that, really. She has been in a different building with different friends every year of her schooling so far. I know she enjoys being back with kids she knows. I just hate that this school seems to have put a giant stop sign in front of her and isn't letting her go anywhere.

Sean seems to like his job. I get to meet him for lunch sometimes, so it is a nice change from him being in Overland all day.

Charlie has a spot on his back. I thought it was like a pimple, or a cyst...let it have a chance to go away. Finally took him to the vet and it is possibly cancer, but we caught it pretty early. We hope the medicine will clear it up...if not, he will get surgery to have it removed which will be "curative" according to what I've read. He doesn't seem to be sick. He still cuddles and purrs and begs for food, so it's good to be a cat.

As for me, I will be starting Get Smart with Art again. I wasn't going to do it with Zoe here, but I got sucked back in. I enjoy the challenge of it, trying to come up with something the kids will remember. Abby still remembers some of the ones I did for her class in Kindergarten. I will just have to get creative about babysitting. This month, Sean is stepping up. Yay daddy.

So between school, TKD, and the baby, we are busy busy. Anyone want to come clean the house for me?

No comments: