baby developmentbaby developmentbaby development

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

One month already




Well, we've made it to the one month mark. No complaints, really. She likes to eat nearly constantly, so it is very rare that I have both hands free for typing like this. She is taking a nap at the moment.

So, I've been trying to relearn how to do everything with one hand tied behind my back...I mean, one hand holding a baby. I really don't know how I did it before, other than Mom was across the street and maybe I did everything when she was holding the baby. And Sean was deployed, so food was Hungry Man and Banquet because it didn't make a lot of sense to cook just for me. Abby and I ate TV dinners a lot unless Nana made dinner for all of us. Cooking for 4 is a much different story. And I really haven't figured out a good routine for that yet. Mostly I have to wait for Sean to get home to hold Zoe or for him to make the dinner. Typically, that is a time frame when she is hungry and doesn't want to sit and watch. She wants to be held and eat. I guess we'll find a groove somehow.

Nathan has transitioned beautifully. He is always asking, "Do you like your baby?" and checking on her. One time, I laid her in our room to go to the bathroom and Nathan walks by saying, "I give an eye on Zoe." And he'll go in there and stand by her and talk to her until I get back. One time, he brought a book in and was reading to her. He's such an excellent big brother! When she starts fussing, he'll tell me, "I think Zoe needs you!" or, "I think Zoe's crying." He is very protective and sweet to his little sister.

Abby hasn't seemed phased much. She tends to play with Nathan and keep him busy which has been great for me because I'm always sort of stuck nursing and can't do much. She did say last night that Zoe gets all the parent time and she just gets Nathan. Of course, the few free minutes I do have, she would rather work on the computer or do one of her many projects, so I guess that's another area we need to find a groove. She hasn't seemed to mind playing with Nathan. Since her friends down the street have moved, Nathan and Abby have become best friends and great little playmates. The cars from carsland go and visit the pets from petshopland and vice versa.

Anyway, we are still figuring out a Baptism. I'd like to do it soon, but we don't know where. We haven't been going to chuch much here because, frankly, we are lazy bums and like to sleep in on Sundays. Plus, I'm apparently a stuck-up type that figures why forge friendships in a place we'll only be for a year. Why put out the time and energy? So I could try to do it here or wait until we get back towards our old Fulton church, which will be a couple months. The church here seems friendly enough, but I don't know anybody. Abby was baptized at 2 months old, and Nathan at almost 2 weeks. Just a loose end needing tied.

We are getting excited about the move. Heck, I've been ready to move since we got here. We both agree there is not much here we will miss, if anything. And Kentucky will not be on our list of places to return to. The only good thing has been Abby's school, and having a baby on St Patricks day in Ireland. I will not be sad to leave.

1 comment:

The Nana that Clogs said...

This Baby is super adorable.