Hunt for Red...Glasses?
So after an exhaustive search of nearly all the glasses in this county, I picked out some at JcPenney tonight. They were kind of a bright red with a purply two tone kind of thing going on. Cute. $311 in 3 weeks.
So just for fun, we went up to Lenscrafters to see if I could get just lenses in my old frames and how much that would cost. We were kind of goofing around trying on different things and I tried on a pair off the discount rack. These were more of a dark burgundy with gold accents and a magnetic sun clip. I instantly liked them, and I've been trying on glasses for 3 days. So since they were half off and lenses right now are half off, the price came out to $384. Not too bad. So I ordered them. We went back to JCPenney to cancel the other ones, but they had just closed and couldn't do it.
So now dilemma. Go with the cheaper pair, or go with the more expensive pair? I think both will be transition progressives with the anti-reflective coating. But the Lenscrafter pair has a magnetic sunclip as well. They all say that the transitions don't work well in the car, so most people need separate sunglasses for driving. Therefore, sunclip is a good thing. I should add that the JC pair was more pointy and "fun" and the lady even said her daughter had a pair of them, so does that mean they are too "young" for me? The Lenscrafters pair were more refined and elegant looking and would be better for more formal events.
What would you do?




1 comment:
sunglass clip...
Post a Comment