Things that make you go HMMM
To illustrate how bored I must be lately:
Today, I went into the bathroom to, well, you know. I've said before what a wind tunnel we seem to live in here. Our house backs up to a field, and without any trees, the wind just blasts thru here. With the arctic air mass moving in today, the winds were back trying to take the shingles off the roof.
I don't really know that much about plumbing. I assume the pipes take it out of the house underground to the sewer. The only point that might be exposed to the atmosphere is at the treatment plant?
Anyway, so I'm standing there for a second and I notice the water in the bowl is swishing. Nobody had been in there...it was not post-flush refill swish. It was bizarre, unbalanced, sloshy water. The only thing it seemed to correspond to was the wind howling.
Remember that scene in Jurassic Park when the guy notices the water in the glass rippling just before the big T rex jumps out?
Yeah, I was extrapolating what it might mean. Was another earthquake imminent and the water was moving before everything else? Is our house that shabbily made that the wind was creeping into the bathroom and across the water in the bowl? (There is no window in there, so that would be one really shabby house.) I don't know that I've ever noticed magic sloshy toilet water before.
Scared the $%*! out of me. Pardon the pun. :)




8 comments:
You are so funny!!! You are right tha is weird.. I will ask my engineer what might caue that ripple effect.. I will get back with you..
Ok I asked and he said maybe your flapper is leaking.. but then I said more and his brow forowed.. so check your flapper..
ok he changed his mind after giving it a thought wind blowing across the vent line will casue pressure in the pipes to fluxuate and cause the water moving.. should only happen when it is windy
When you say "MY Engineer", what do you mean by "MY"????
You are a flirty flirt.
RUTHIE....BA HAHAHAHAHA!!!
I've had the sewer back up in the toilet UPSTAIRS after a windy day. The wind causes a venturi effect across the vent.
It's a nice surprise.
HAHAHA NO he is like 60 hehe he is just wise...
ewww back up in the toilet. Pictures in my head. Did it overflow?? That is a long way up there!!! I am guessing yes.
Like 2 get your comments Rob.
I think I helped my kids to be very independent thinkers and all -enough that they don't need their mom any more - even to call her. (hint hint, wink wink, know what I mean?)
Post a Comment