Have I been cursed?
Seriously. I feel like I'm fighting the universe most of the time.
Yesterday was Abby's one year post implant eye check. I was expecting a bit of good news for once. A nice smooth thumbs up and on with our lives.
And I hesitate to write what happened because I'm sure it will raise more questions than I have answers for and other things, but here's the problem.
Retina...fine. Implants...looks good. Eye healthy. Thank goodness. However, when they dilated her eye to take their peek, the pupil opened and the implant popped up a bit and the edge of the lens is sort of stuck on the edge of the pupil.
Can we not catch a break!!!!
So the doc put in a reversal drop hoping that closing the pupil back up would make the lens slide off. Didn't work.
So doc dilated her eye bigger and laid her back hoping that the lens would fall back with gravity. Didn't work.
So doc sends us home and tells us to put her to bed early as the dilation would be wearing off by then and gravity would take the lens back down. Just in case, we have another appointment in two weeks to check it.
Got her up for school this morning, and no change. Lens is still stuck on the pupil. How can I tell? Her pupil is not round in that eye. It is long and narrow like a cat eye.
The doc didn't seem that hyper about it. He said the reason we need to resolve it is that the lens is obviously tilted which will distort vision, and the edge sticking out like that might rub and irritate and/or scratch on the cornea. HEAVEN ABOVE. So why we are waiting two weeks for this, I do not know. Why this happened at all, I do not know. What are the long term affects, I do not know. He did say in the future to tell her eye docs that they need to be completely convinced dilation is necessary. So apparently it could happen again.
And since it didn't fix itself, I must be prepared that in two weeks, he might have to take her up to the surgery floor, knock her out again, and manually poke the lens back off the pupil. Again he made it seem like no big deal.
Ha. Try explaining all this to Tricare.
So, please pray. Pray that this will resolve without any more drama. Maybe somebody else will have better luck with their prayers than I have had.




5 comments:
We will definately put you all on our prayer list. Will also put her on our church prayer chain.
Does it hurt her eye?
Love you and support you all the way.
I trashed my first comments because I was bitching. I didn't feel like you needed more grief. I am all done with that. I was waiting for your call last night. I will try you today. See you next week!!
Post a Comment