Rustler
It's pants season again. It is becoming more of a puzzle to outfit Nathan. His 2T pants from last year still fit just fine in the waist, but are definitely too short. And I know he's tall because we go places and people ask how old and nearly swallow their gum because their son who is 4 or 5 is SHORTER than my 2 year old. With Abby, it didn't matter THAT much, because capris are the fashion, or were the fashion, for girls. Boys just look funny in capris.
I know Nathan is skinny. His little friend is a whole year younger and wears size 6 diapers, and he is still in 4s. And I don't know who is the model for the pant makers, but 99% of the 3T pants are Hugantic in the waist. Seriously, even the adjustable waist pants, I pull out so much elastic that he has the excess hanging halfway to his knees. And that just looks funny.
So, we were at Walmart the other day, and I was getting so frustrated looking at the toddler jeans and how big the waists are, that just for grins, I wanted to see how they compared to the jeans in the "big boy" section.
Between the George and the Wranglers were an off-brand called "Rustlers". I pulled down a 4 slim and compared it to the 3T. The 4 slim was like a whole INCH slimmer in the waist. And that was with the waistband flat...so there was an inch in front and an inch in back EXTRA on the 3Ts. No wonder they fall right off.
I bought 2 pair, and they fit. Let me emphasize that...***FIT*** Nathan!!! And now Nathan can wear pants without inner buttons and extra elastic hanging down!!! And they are so long, we can even roll them up a bit at the ends...and there is a bit of elastic in the back of the waistband, so he might actually be able to wear them NEXT year, too. And they are only like $7. I can't tell you how happy I am about such a simple little thing. Pants that fit my son!
And he goes in for eye surgery this wednesday, so PRAY it goes just as well (or better) than pant shopping!




2 comments:
Hmmm, interesting, I am going to go check that out the next time I am at walmart b/c Decovin has the same problem...although he just looks like he is waiting for the flood not wearing capris...which is even worse! haha! Thanks for the tip!
Our prayers are with Nathan and all of you.
Post a Comment