Coulda been wars--aw
About a year ago, we heard that the best man from our wedding was getting married. He wanted Sean to be his best man.
The wedding was in Warsaw, MO. Warsaw is about 30 minutes south of Sedalia. It actually has a walmart, so it isn't completely the middle of nowhere, but awful close.
Sean had to be there Friday for best man stuff...rehearsal, bachelor party, that kind of thing. I fought rush hour traffic thru St. Louis to get to Nana's (remind me never to take 70 around 5 o'clock.) I went down to Warsaw on Saturday. It was the first time I had left Nathan overnight. He had the biggest pouty face when I was leaving, but he seemed to do well with Nana.
The wedding was very elegant. It was a sunset wedding inside a church with lots of stained glass windows, and there were lots of candles everywhere. All the flowers were real. Instead of throwing birdseed, we threw rose petals. The reception was in a tent down by the waterfront. (I believe a cove of the Lake of the Ozarks) The paths were all lit by luminaries, and the tent was lit by those rope lights along the corners. It was very nice.
Sean was in a tux, looking very GQ. I bought a new dress, and Nana did my hair, so I was looking not too shabby. I even had a couple of complete strangers say, "Nice dress" So that was fun. It was a perfect weather evening. Just enough cool not to need a heavy coat.
The "favors" they gave to the guests were nice glass flutes with their names and wedding date embossed on it. I think they were planning to have a champagne fountain, but due to some permits about alcohol at the waterfront, it became a blush wine fountain. The bride's cake was five or six layers, all a different flavor. I didn't see the groom's cake, but it was big and entirely chocolate.
Sean had a speech written out, but the maid of honor gave such a short speech (and she was the bride's sister), that he cut a lot out to not be comparatively long winded. It was ok, but probably made more sense uncut. It was still a nice wedding.
Oh, and in the "small world" category, the bride is a Des Moines U Med school grad. Family practice, working in KC.




3 comments:
You are smashing and marvelous!!
You guys look fabulous!! Fun to have a night away!
Wow, do you guys clean up nice or what? Good looking couple!
Post a Comment