baby developmentbaby developmentbaby development

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Matinee Mania

I LOVE free movies. The summer free movies are in full swing up at our corner theater. Yesterday was "Alvin and the Chipmunks". And since movies are so expensive these days, no, we hadn't seen it yet.

We got there and there was a sign saying it was sold out. There were a TON of kids all wearing the same shirt, so they must be part of a day care or maybe a Ymca day camp. I was in the middle of telling Abby it was sold out and dealing with the disappointment when someone handed us 2 tickets. I guess 2 kids didn't show up to day care??? So we go on in and I tell them Nathan will just sit in my lap, so they let us in. Hurray.

Now, I was all prepared to buy popcorn and stuff to support the theater and keep the free movies going. However, even with the busloads of kids from the day cares showing up, they only had ONE concession line open. We stood there a good 5 minutes and it didn't move. So, we went and sat down.

It was a cute show. Nathan actually stayed awake and relatively still for the whole thing.

3 comments:

amanda said...

what fabulous luck! sounds like fun!

Jen said...

I love free things...wish I lived in a bigger area for things like that to happen around here! Bummer. So when will we see you guys again?

Clog Nana said...

I love going to the movies now and then. The corner movie house is making a birthday room. Yes that means 3 movies at one time... Watch us grow. I wonder if the price will grow too....?????