sick de lieber!!!
As I sit at the computer, my eyes are burning from the complete exhaustion. I have slept 3 nights in the spare room with the humidifier and the Nyquil. Is it the blissful quiet in there (no Sean snoring), the ability to twist and flop my arms without fear of hitting somebody, the soothing hiss of the steamer, or the saratonin reuptake inhibition combined with Nyquil that has knocked me out the last couple of nights. Yes, I've gotten some sleep...apparently, I need more. I think if we didn't have to get up with the kids and get them going to school, I could've slept a good 16 hours or more. They say you can never recoup lost sleep. I think I'm 48 hours deficient and my body wants it back!!!
Anyway, I'm feeling better. The latest roadbump is on Nathan's leg. The fun just never ends around here.
He got his 2 year old shots about 6 weeks ago. He tensed up and had a knot on one leg at the injection site. No big deal, he's been fine. Tonight we noticed that now there is a raised, flat, white circle, sized between a quarter and a half-dollar, surrounded by redness right at the same site. It doesn't seem to fit any condition I can think of. He's not feverish. He's eating fine. Drinking fine. Running around normally. It seems to itch and is tender as he keeps swatting our hands away when we poke at it. I don't see any redness in the middle to indicate a spider bite. It looks like a giant blister or callous you might get from lifting weights, or running after non-activity.
So we called the on-call doc to see if we should take him to the ER tonight or if it seemed important, and he thought it could wait til morning. I guess I always worry because we know he's allergic to something, we just don't know what. And I'm not that familiar with spider bite timeframes. If he was super allergic to spiders, would he make it all night??? Anyway, just blabbing. Time to read books for the kiddos.




4 comments:
What shots did he have to get at his 2 year? Decovin wasn't required to have any at his 2 year check up???
What the heck. Get him checked. I don't ever recall anything like that with any of you guys. and hey - What Jen said. What shot??
He got his DTaP, Haemophileous Influenza, and the flu shot.
He was up screaming most of the night. I got up with him from 230 until 330. I finally gave him some advil and he went to sleep for a couple of hours. I was so out of it this morning, Sean called in to his work and told them he needed to take Nathan to the doc. He said his leg looks normal this morning, but he is running a mild ear infection. It must hurt like the dickens with how much he was screaming.
Was he getting those as a "catch-up" b/c he missed them at the 18 month check up? Decovin got his 4th round of DTaP at his 18 month...and I thought the influenza was the same thing as the flu shot? Im confused...So nothing was wrong with his leg but he has an ear infection...poor guy, can't win for losing. :-( Hope they gave him some good antibiotics for it! Here's hoping you sleep good tonight! :-) Love you!
Post a Comment