baby developmentbaby developmentbaby development

Monday, February 04, 2008

Schizophrenic

weather we're having, eh? What is up with this stuff? Thursday, I was dropping Abby at school and it was 60 degrees outside. Picking up Abby from school three hours later, and I am driving through that farting squirrel commercial where suddenly everything is covered in snow. Then today, it is 75 degrees outside and everything melts, but tomorrow is supposed to storm and get cold and possibly snow again. Whatever!

I'd like to say something interesting and thought provoking, but things have been rather tame around here. Nathan was doing really well taking his amoxicillin twice a day, but now he is starting to fight us about it. We still have to give it until Saturday. Seriously...if he has to take penicillin, can't we have the quick, one-dose-for-five-days kind? Have these people ever dealt with noncooperative toddlers??? And I think it is bubble gum flavored. My 2 year old has never had bubble gum, so he finds the taste a bit disgusting. And if you've purchased kid's toothpaste lately, most of that is bubble gum flavored, too. I propose a new line of health care products geared at the 2-4 year olds...nothing flavored with bubble gum. They have chocolate flavored gum...now that is a flavor that will get MY kids brushing.

Hmm...been out shopping the clearance racks. Walmart had an awesome after christmas toy clearance. I picked up a couple of things. I was getting birthday gifts for the parties coming up with Abby's friends. However, I just discovered that one of the toys is regularly $33, and I got it for $12. The other is normally $50, and I got it for $12.50. Now, I can't just go around giving these things randomly. If the other moms see me giving a $50 toy to some child, and I don't give a $50 toy to their child, I'm going to be thought of in ways I don't want. And there is no way I'm spending $50 per child on kids that don't belong to me. I ain't here to buy friends through kid's birthday parties. So now I have a dilemma. I have two very nice toys that I'm thinking I can't give out because it will cause issues. I can always save them for Abby. But then I need to find other toys for the birthday parties. But how can you pass up a $50 toy on sale for 12???

2 comments:

Mel said...

O MY that was to funny about the squirrel.. I was laughing out loud at work..and I wasnt supost to on the internet.. hehe then I had to go to you tube and watch the commercial again.. hehe.. someone needs to plug that squirrel's butt he farted in our area last night..

Jen said...

I would save the toy for Abby or give it to a charity?? What toys did you find on that deep sale?!