baby developmentbaby developmentbaby development

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Shoes and Blues

Perhaps I was a bit gender-stereotypical...I had expected the girl would be the one to get attached to clothing and or accessories. Nope. I found some spiderman croc-alike sandals on clearance at Target for 2 bucks. Nathan will scarcely let them off his feet. He even wants to sleep in them. We force them off, of course, during bath time when we scrub the stank off of his feet. I've been revisiting Target to see if they have the next size up, but no. So what will we do when he grows out of them? And what will we do when it snows?

And I feel almost sinful about enjoying my Abby-at-school afternoons. She is an avowed anti-shopper, and getting errands done with her at the stores is quite the chore. (Ew, I rhyme today) Anyway, it is much easier to get things done while she is in school. However, I'm starting to realize that she is already embarking on her own little life. I've been around for everything she's done up til now. The only snippets of her school world I get now are what she tells me. She's made a little friend named Sophia, and today she was asking if it was okay to have a friend that's a boy named Jake. This morning before school she was saying something about so-and-so is boy-crazy. It sounded like a made-up name...but still...is "boy-crazy" really something they hear at the pre-k level these days????

Oh, and can anyone recommend a good book about elderly cats? Charlie, the little )(*&(, has been using our nice new carpet here as a litter box. He's 12 years old, so I don't know if this is some elder issue, like he can't smell where the litter box is anymore, or he just can't hold it like he used to... I asked the vet at his last checkup, and he said unfortunately, when they decide they'd rather use the carpet, it is very hard to get them to stop. At least he's only using one area of the carpet. I sincerely hope that doesn't change. YUCK.

2 comments:

Clog Nana said...

hey what you doing?? i haven't heard from you and left lots of messages???

Jen said...

I would guess that someone taught their child that when someone tickles your knee you are "girl/boy crazy" and then they repeat it, etc...probably no big deal. We do that with Decovin sometimes when we tickle his knee. I don't think it is necessarily a sexual connotation at that age...just a guess though...