Scary much
First, I was up late. So this morning, I was really tired. Sleeping HARD. I hear Sean leave for work and shortly after, the phone rings. The phone is on Sean's side of the bed, which would require effort to roll over and pick up, so I let the machine downstairs get it. It is Sean's voice, so I figure he forgot to tell me something about when he'd be home. No big deal.
Sometime later, the phone rings again. Some mexican lady says something which I assume is "Sorry, wrong number." I roll back over. Shortly after that, the doorbell rings. Holy Hell! I want to get some sleep! I drag myself out of bed, throw some clothes on (rather than answer the door in PJs) and go downstairs. Now, our door does not have a peep hole, so I peek out the curtains first. Nobody there. Curse curse curse. I look up the street and see a police cruiser with two officers milling about. Odd. They are parked next to the house of a chaplain that works with Sean, so I wonder if something happened in their house, but the officers are all decked out in battle rattle--carrying rifles. Very odd. Two more officers come out of a house being built also carrying rifles. They must be looking for somebody. They probably rang the bell. If something that bad is out there, I'm not opening MY door.
Sure enough, the news is plastered with a huge manhunt going on RIGHT IN OUR SUBDIVISION!!!! Of course, come to find out, the guy was *dead* 2 hours after Sean left for work, but they didn't actually find the body until 9. He was found up at the front of our complex where the commercial buildings are along the train tracks. Totally within walking distance. Eeep. Sean drove right by his hiding spot on his way to work (and at that hour, the guy was still alive and armed). Sean said the police stopped his car and took a look inside, told him what was going on, which is why he called me so early--to tell me not to open the door or take the kids out to play. And now I'm a bit nervous about living in a construction area. He could've been camping out in one of these houses being built all night. So now, I feel like we definitely need a peephole...and maybe a large scary dog.




3 comments:
WOW. I am scared now. Suddenly all things in perspective you missed being scared by sleeping. You were safe with all the police about right????
OMG! Thank goodness you didn't open your door...I would have probably opened the door...that is scary stuff...glad you are all ok
Dang that is crazy scary....keep safe..we love you!!
Post a Comment