baby developmentbaby developmentbaby development

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Roll out the Amens?

Today we decided to go to church. We were going to go to one just down the street, but by the time we were all dressed and in the car, we were already late for that one. So, there was one over by Abby's school that started later, so we went to that one. Little did we know that this was their "homecoming" Polkafest Sunday. A lady talked to us a bit in the hall before we sat down and said that there are alot of military people in the congregation, and a lot of them have lived in Germany, so they like to have this polkafest. As we entered, the air was filled with horn, drum, and organ music played by people in little green hats. I almost expected a beer garden. All the hymns were set to polka music! OMG, it was hysterical. I've never sung the post-communion canticle to "I'm a chicken, I'm a duck, I'm a chicken, I'm a duck, quack quack quack quack" music before. It was too funny. But you know, it was enjoyable. They seem to have fun there, anyway. After was a brat lunch, games, and kid's area that looked like fun, but Sean didn't want to stay. Seems like a vibrant, active congregation.

So we ended up at McDs. Abby saved a little girl who got lost in the hamster-maze. This follows my good deed for the day yesterday when we stopped at a Casey's because Abby had to use the bathroom and I found a cell phone and two Cardinal tickets. The temptation was there because Sean needs a new cellphone and this was a nice one, and hey, free Cards tickets...but alas, I turned them in at the counter. Everyone needs all the positive karma they can get, right?

2 comments:

gjlac said...

Kudos to you. You set a good example for your children.

Your story about the church was a good one. It made me laugh. So do you think you will go back for another try? It did sound like fun.

Mel said...

just think the cell might not of been tmobile..hope they found the owner.. sometimes its hard. i get cells in here all the time.