Nathanisms
OK, the first ever installment of Nathanisms. He's not much of a talker. I finally figured out some of his "code".
His word for Abby: Bee ah bee ah. (Like saying Abby with syllables reversed...bbyA bbyA) very cute.
Cereal: oreo (I don't think he's hearing the first parts of words)
Favorite cartoons: Ora and Bubbaa (Dora and Spongebob...didn't know he paid attention to any cartoons until he recognized and named these at the store) Ora is quite clear, and it also applies to Diego because his diapers have Diego on them and he points at them and says Ora. Perplexing as we don't really watch Ora that much.
Very clear words: Mommy, Daddy, Papa, Nana, bite, bye bye, no, shoes (see previous entry about his shoes)
His word for dog: woof
His word for cat: ow (again, we told him kitty cat says "meow" and he got "ow") He does say cat, too.
Oh, and I think I'm going to have to go on a shopping spree this weekend. The temps dropped which is FABULOUS, and I thought I was prepared with clothes. However, the pants I have for Nathan that are 18 months are the right length, but completely fall off his waist. Today, he is wearing some of his size 12 month pants that fit his waist, but are very nearly knee length capris. Dunno, but I don't think boys should be wearing capris. SO, either I try to use pokey safety pins on a very squirmy-getting-dressed boy, or go out and look for slim fit or adjustable waist pants. I would like to get the 24 month length so he can grow into them a little over the winter, but if 18 months fall off of him, 24 month waist could maybe fit 2 of him. And then what do I do with the outfits I have now that don't fit? By the time he fills out the waist, they will be capris...but I hate to just give them to Goodwill...some still have the tags on. At least I bought them on clearance!




2 comments:
Yeah, Decovin is in the same dilema...he still has a 12 month waiste but the length is getting a wee bit short but D isn't nearly as tall as Nathan...I mean...poor kid...he will never be a basketball player with parents at 5'5" and 5'6"...lol! If you don't want to give the clothes away to goodwill, you know...wink, wink, we don't live that far away, wink, wink...hehe! :-)
Oh and my sister-in-laws knows a couple whose daughter is 2 and still wears 12 months in the waiste but the length never works out so the mom buys the 2T or whatever size is right for her length and sews the waiste band in the back to fit her...I don't know how to sew, but it's a thought if you don't want to get rid of all your new & unused clothes...
Here is how. You make a slit in the waistband on the underneath side (it is usually double so use care and maybe one of the seam rippers so you catch only the under side). Then on the other side in back do the same. Insert elastic and sew down on one side to anchor it. Use a safety pin to slide the elastic through to the other slit. Then holding it tight sew it down to anchor. You may have stitches showing on the outside but it is perfect to correct fullness in waistbands.
Alternate solution kinda the same only use button hole and buttons on the elastic to make adjustment. I would think you would want this button idea on the outside so as not to irritate the baby's skin.
Good luck.
Post a Comment