baby developmentbaby developmentbaby development

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

More grey hairs

So worrying=stress and stress=grey hair...I'm going to be going grey soon...

Abby had to have a physical for pre-k. Standard thing, so I'm told. She did fine on most everything. She even tried being very brave for the four shots she had to have. However, they tried to do the vision test. We were standing in a hall looking at the eye chart 30 paces away. The nurse is pointing to the line she is supposed to read, and Abby can't read it. The nurse points to the line above. Nope. I ask her to read anything up there that she CAN see...

E
T P

Yeah...the top three letters. Great. The nurse looks a bit alarmed and turns us around to do the picture test. The choices were apple, umbrella, and doghouse. Fairly different shapes. The nurse points where she wants Abby to name a picture. Still not working. I don't know if Abby was trying to be funny or if she just really can't see anything. At that point, we gave up and walked back to the room past the letter chart. When she got about 5 feet from it, she goes "Oh, now I can read it..." and proceeds to rattle off the 20/20 line. So I guess she can see, just not at any great distance. Sigh. Back to the eye doc we go...

1 comment:

Clog Nana said...

thanks for a good week end. Your home is shaping up nicely. Love ya.