Make New Friends But Keep the Old
One is Silver and the Other is GOLD!!
So I haven't made any new friends here yet, but our best friends from Texas came up to visit. Talk about Chicken Soup for the Soul. Nothing like friends and fun. Manuela worked with me at the lab. She's from Germany and she cooked us some authentic German Rouladen, semmel knodels (like potato dumplings), and sweet and sour red cabbage. (OK, so the cabbage you can buy at the store) But man, it was AWESOME. Rouladen is considered a treat in Germany because the beef is so expensive there (am I getting that right, Manuela?) but over here it isn't that bad. It is thinly sliced beef with German mustard, pickles, and onions rolled inside, simmered in a yummy brown gravy. If you are at a German style restaurant and feel more adventurous than bratwurst, definitely get the rouladen! We toured some STL sites and played three different countries worth of train games. We used to play just the USA version at first down in Texas, but now between us, we have the Europe, Russia, Australia, and Japan versions. Same basic game, but you inadvertantly learn about each country's geography, topography, and basic goods/resources. Good times, but staying up til 2 and then having the kids waking up by 8 hurts after a few days. We also introduced them to Diploma Dogs. It was crazy lonesome today with just me and the kids again. Sean's been working late and that makes for a long day.
Anyway, raise your Michelob Lime Cactus (our new favorite discovered at the brewery taste test) and have a toast to old friends!




3 comments:
Yeah for old friends visiting! I am so glad you got to see them! And enjoy a delicious meal! I've determined, after going to McKendra's 1st Bday party, that Jeff got all the social skills in the family! There were over 50 people there and more were friends than family! They have only lived there for about 7-8 months and already have SOOO many friends...Bob & I...well, we can still count on one hand how many friends we have made here and yet, we still never get invited or invite anyone over! Go figure. Making friends is hard in my opinion and I always thought I was a social butterfly...guess not so much...I guess it doesn't help that all my neighbors are stick thin and have at least two kids or more and their lives are PERFECT! WHATEVER...maybe I'm just a hater! LOL!
At any rate...I hope your neighbors are more down to earth and nice and friendly! I'm bummed I didn't get to see you on my crappy trip to St. Louis (read my blog for further details). I would still like to see your new house!
In order to make good friends, you have to be a good friend. You had lots of friends in the other places you have been. I think you were just busy being pregnant when you moved in and then you came home to help me when I was going through the cancer treatments. You didn't have a chance to meet very many neighbors. Especially when you were kind of dominated by the neighbors with the dog. Give yourself a chance to get to know some of the others.
Glad your friends came to visit you Stacy. Your blog sounded so "up". I hope you can make some good friends where you are living now. St. Louis has a lot of fun places to go to. The Magic House, Transportation Museum, Children's Zoo as well as the big zoo, the Science Center, Planetarium, Botanical Gardens, Union Station, Grant's Farm, the brewery, Spaghetti Factory (which is a restaurant that has booths made out of beds, the Arch, the old Courthouse, etc. Your mom and I used to have fun exploring St. Louis. I'm sure you have looked all of the fun places up.
Post a Comment