ill-annoy
Howdy, y'all from the state of Illinois. We emptied out our house and cleaned it up and headed here to O'Fallon and are making a big mess in a Drury Inn. The good news is that the people buying our house got a bridging loan so we can close early. The bad news is that when I was closing the door, I cried. It was like closing a big chapter in our life-book. Nathan was born there, started walking there, puked everywhere...Abby learned to use the toilet there...It was a little house with big memories. And I had Nana right across the street to go play with anytime. Now I think things will feel lonely for most of the day until Sean comes home.
So we are in Ill-annoy because this is where we are looking at a few houses. There are several reasons...even though the commute to Sean's job will be horrible, this area is near Scott Air Force Base. Therefore, we get to use our military perks, we have to come here for medical care anyway, and there is always turnover, so resell may be slightly better. It seems to be a growing area. The hotel and shopping complex here are rather new, so that is a good sign. Growth means more buyers later.
We walked thru two houses today and drove around a bit. We'll see what we find tomorrow. Sean has to start his new job tomorrow, so we'll see if he wants to fight the traffic from here for the next three years. I'm wondering how the day will go with just me and the kids in a one-room daycare...I have a feeling we will be at the pool alot.
Anyway, time to try and settle the kids. Sean has to be up EARLY...




7 comments:
Hopefully it isn't too far for Sean to drive back and forth to. Good luck finding a house!
Anything in between the two??? Commuting that far will mean more time away from home. :-(
Inbetween is East St. Louis. Ain't living there, no matter what you pay me....
Whats wrong with the HOOD.. b-boy likes it...hehe
Hope all works out well and you find a good house in a good area to settle down in..
Definitely not East St. Louis! Where is it Sean will be working? I think I remember you saying it was on Page? Looks like the air base is close to the 4 lane. You will make friends and so will the kids. Try to look at the bright side dear. Bet your folks come visit you and you visit them. You are close compared to WV. :-)
So if he's working IN St. Louis, what about living in MO?
Anything north? I'm supposing you've already explored these options... I'm just sad for poor Sean and the drive. Been there. :-(
Post a Comment