Eye chi wawa
I think I have a crush on my opthalmologist. After 3-4 weeks of discomfort, redness, and burning in my eye, I finally called to see if he could see me today. This was the same opthalmologist I saw almost a year ago (I think) who thought I was so "fascinating". He's a young guy, very smooth voice, on the hot side. I think what made him so endearing today was the fact that even tho this was the second time I've ever seen him, he walked in and greeted me like we were the oldest and dearest friends on earth. With all the patients he sees, I have to assume this is probably an act, or maybe how he greets all his patients. But given my oddball myriad eye problems, perhaps he did remember me and the refreshing mental challenges I bring him. Hard to say for sure, but he seemed to genuinely like seeing me again, and that is always a day brightener.
So I have Giant Capillary Conjuntivitis. Small inflamed bumps caused by prolonged contact wearage. Prolonged? I've only been wearing contacts for 22 years! That's not THAT long!!! So I have to have steroid drops for two weeks and then some other drops for 2 weeks and then I have to go in and see him again to check the progress. No contact wearing for 3-4 days. Ick. I made him prescribe some new glasses because my old ones were useless and nothing for 3-4 days was going to mean a huge eye-strain headache.
So of course, then I had to run over to Lenscrafters to get the new glasses made, which took them 2 hours. While clarity is preferable, I really don't like wearing glasses. And you really pay through the nose to get glasses the same day. At Lenscrafters anyway.




2 comments:
Bummer about the conjuntivitis...but I want to see a pic of you in the glasses...:-)
ooo me too!
and i like how you say that you *HAVE* to go in and see him again... ;-)
Post a Comment