Nathan's First Stitches

ERs are such lovely places to spend an evening. Nathan was walking around our living room having a great time. He got off balance, and even tho he appeared to be miles away from anything, he managed to fall like a tree and clip the edge of Abby's wooden Crayola chair with his head. You could almost hear the word "TIMBER"...
He was bleeding, first time either of my kids has really bled much. I ran to get a tissue on it so it wouldn't drip into his eye and scare him even more. It clotted up fast enough, but looked oozy and dark. I called the nurseline (only thing open on weekends) and asked them if he might need stitches, and they thought he should because it was 1/2 inch long on his face. I guess it is mostly cosmetic so he won't have a huge scar there forever. But, I sure hate to go to Emergency Rooms.
So, they wrapped him in this papoose board and he got three stitches. I was going to get a picture of the Frankenstein effect, but he fell asleep on the way home from all the screaming and crying of being pinned and getting that blue surgical paper over his face for 5 minutes. That would have to be scary, not knowing why you can't move or see.
Poor kid. He's been through so much already. In fact, the doctor we had this time (since Nathan has a knack of needing doctors on Sunday) was the same one we had last February when we had the flu and Nathan had to have a spinal tap. He is so going to have a complex about docs and hospitals.




6 comments:
Oh my goodness! How did they keep his head from moving back and forth? Did the papoose board have a neck thing also?
Poor kid...
he's a trooper though! he was much cuteness tonight!
see you wednesday!
What's Wednesday?
Generallly, it's the day between Tuesday and Thursday...
And mom asks, "Are you jealous??"
yes, the day between tues and thurs. valentine's day. the day i go over to eat chocolate covered strawberries with nana. play wallace and grommit with abby. watch american idol with stacy.
Yes, I'm jealous! LOL! Chocolate covered strawberries...YUM-O!
Post a Comment