old haunts
Twelve hours in a car is a very long time. With two kids under 5, a very very long time. They were actually super good during the trip. We only had one bout of crying just before Nathan conked out for a nap. I know I still feel like I need a nap!!!
We got here at Sean's bachelor pad about 11 pm local time. It is right across the street from the train tracks, and it is a busy train track hauling coal to the local power plant. The first train whistles kind of scared the kids. At least we all slept. This morning, I went to the storytime I used to go to with Abby when we lived here. It was kind of nice. The librarian that does it is very good, tho her voice is like crunching gravel. Nathan liked the Hokey Pokey song and Abby liked the stories Today was all about mittens. She even poured out a big box of those styrofoam peanuts and had the kids make "snow" angels. It was so much fun for the kids. I even saw four of the moms that were in the Mom's group I was a part of out here. Unfortunately, they were the four that not many of the other moms liked because they seem cliquish and elitist. But it was fun to see how big their kids have gotten in a year and a half.
Then we met Sean for lunch and now we are "home" having some play time. I think I'm getting a taste of what this upcoming move will feel like. I think I'm spoiled having mom next door and we get to hang out and go places together during the day. Like right now, we are waiting for Sean to get home from work, and it is just me and kids. It will be like this every single day when we move. It is much harder to go out and go shopping and have fun when it is just me trying to watch two kids and shop. I guess I'll have to get used to it. It just feels lonely already.
Tomorrow, we see the good eye doctor. I sure hope she is worth all this travelling and fatigue. We have to be in Charleston at 8 which means we have to leave here by 6:30??? I am so not a morning person.




4 comments:
glad you are oK. You know mom's and worries.
Hey you missed seeing amanda and judy. They stayed until 7 and are now on the way home.
I had a headache all day (with nausea and almost a vomit time). Any way Judy cut my hair and was going to color it but with my nausea she decided not to make me smell it.
We played two rounds of Dipolma Dogs. It was good fun. Thanks girls. Love ya. Let me hear from you.
Glad the trip went ok...I didn't know you were heading out that way...but glad you made it. Good luck at the eye doc's!
oo yeah! good luck with the eye doctor! we were sorry to miss you this week! glad you made it relatively peacefully.
What's diploma dogs?
Post a Comment