baby developmentbaby developmentbaby development

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Don't try this at home

Yay. Beds are a lovely lovely thing. Big thick soft beds with comfy warm blankets and pillows.

We packed up the car to leave Saturday morning. Nathan woke up crying, fussy, coughing just like Abby. So...do we take him to the emergency room and wait half the day for his strep test, postpone the trip, which would really postpone the trip because the snow was on its way and then sleet and ice and we might as well just buy furniture and move into Sean's place and settle in for the winter. OR, do we just get in the car and deal with germs later.

Not that 12 hours in a car with two little ones is much fun to begin with...I don't recommend 12 hours in a car with two SICK little ones. I suppose it went alright, but there was more crying and fussiness. I gave Nathan some baby tylenol to bring down his temp and dull the pain in his throat (assuming it is strep) and hoping it would drowsy him out for half the trip. He did snooze off and on between fussing. We stopped in Indiana to pee and stretch and eat, and he seemed happier after that. It is a very long trip.

I will say, the St. Louis skyline at night is awesome. Especially when it represents being almost home. And just when I made the turn at Kingdom City to make the last 20 miles, the snow was really starting to gum up the road. I don't recall ever driving that stretch at 40 miles/hour or less, but I'm glad it was only for 20 miles and not the whole 12 hours.

Tips: slow as it may be, don't pass the snowplow.

1 comment:

gjlac said...

Glad you got home safe. How are the kid's throats?