My little string bean
We had the one-year check-up today for Nathan. He hasn't grown very much since the last visit. 20 lbs, 10 oz (25th percentile), 30.25 inches tall (75th percentile), and 19.25 inches head size (97th percentile). Tall and skinny. He didn't quite triple his birth weight, but nobody seems too worried about that. The important news is that he is still tracking the same lines when you put it on the graph, so that's good. They start to worry if he suddenly jumps from one percentile line to another. He got three shots and then they sent us to the lab for some blood work, so he had a needle in his arm, too. During that last torture session in the lab where I'm holding him down, one nurse has his arm straight, and the other is actually fililng the vials, he is just crying so pitifully and looking at me like, "How could you let them do this to me???" I hate that. It just breaks your heart.
Dug out some more Christmas decorations tonight. I had some picture ornaments that I had to find pictures for, so I ended up looking through some old pictures. Kind of fun. And now our stockings are hung by the TV with care. With any luck, I'll get some packages sent out tomorrow and maybe one of these days write up a Christmas letter to send. Yeah, I feel way behind. Don't be offended if it doesn't get out until New Years...




3 comments:
he is such a cutie. I hated when the boys had to have shots they always got sick afterwords. Quentin mostly on the sick. He had to have blood work done it broke my heart to hear him scream and cry. When McKinley had to have the IV that was just horrible it took 3 nurses the doctor and my sister in law Robin to hold him down.
When did McKinley have to have an IV?
I am definitely not looking forward to the 1 year shots...They are much more aware of what is going on...makes me sad to just think about the look I am going to get...
P.S. I love picture ornaments now that my face doesn't have to be in them...hahaha!
When he was 1 1/2 or 2 his ear swelled up and he was in the hospital for 2 days. The hospital KU did study on him also the dr did a sonagram he is some question as to what is this and why.
Post a Comment