baby developmentbaby developmentbaby development

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

oy vey

We went to Jen's today to see Mandy and Judy and Jen and Decovin. Abby is currently very good at being 3. I hate to say she is getting bratty, but she is definitely pushing every button lately. If Nathan has a toy, she takes it from him. She doesn't want it. She tosses it down 3 seconds later. She just doesn't want him to have it. Or any toy, it seems. I don't know how many times I have gotten on to her, told her to share, give it back, not take something he is playing with...she has yet to comply.

She also is testing how much she can get away with in terms of pushing, nudging, kicking, tripping (etc.) Nathan as he walks by her. Most of the time, I see what she is trying to do and stop her before anything happens, but it is getting very tiresome. So today, today was rough. She was in top form today. So, by the time we got home, I was rather stressed.

And waiting for me on the answering machine is the Dentist's office. Tricare Dental denied Abby's claim. We owe them
$85 or we need to get the insurance to pay. Is Tricare good for ANYTHING?????

7 comments:

Mel said...

I never thought the 2's were all that bad but the 3's holy moley!! The bad part is it doenst stop the boys till do all of that just louder now.

Dental insurance stinks all around good luck on that one.

Hope you had a good day at Jen's wish I could of been there I want to see the baby and the bratty 3 year old..Hope your week gets better love ya

amanda said...

she didn't seem too bad until she started to get tired. i can tell it's exhausting though. maybe it's time to step up the "give it backs" to the "if you take that from him you have to go sit in the... (somewhere were there are no toys...)" it would be a terribly unpleasant few days... but may help her remember that it's not nice to have things taken away... but then again, what do i know about raising kids?!?

i still say it was good to see you. and that you should go kick some tricare booty.

gjlac said...

Amanda's suggestion is what I would advise also and I do know a little about raising kids. They have to learn there is a consequence for their actions that are not acceptable behavior. She's just being a normal kid! I would love to see your kiddos again also! Love, Aunt G

Jen said...

Your babies were fine...and like Amanda said...Abby didn't start "acting up" until she was getting tired...I think it is totally normal and I agree with the consequence theory...good luck!

P.S. It was totally fun seeing you guys! :-)

Mel said...

You guys should pack up your kids your mom & dad and come see us next weekend!!! I WANT TO SEE THOSE BABIES OF YOURS!!! and you to..

Christy said...

A play group might help her learn to share. We get kids in the developmental preschool who have horrific social skills but soon learn the routine and figure out that sharing and friendship is more fun.

Jen said...

P.S.S. Tricare is good for NOTHING...but seriously, stay on them...they will pay...