days go by
The ticker says Nathan is 9 months!!!! That cat needs to slow up. Suddenly he is much closer to that ball of yarn than I would like.
Nothing much going on lately. Did some grocery shopping today. How's that for excitement? We got to use one of those big plastic truck-carts and Abby was driving around the store having a good time. Nathan was getting a bit bored with it all, so I asked Abby if he could ride with her. (The "cab" had two seats and two steering wheels). She said sure, so I put Nathan in there. OMG! We should have had a camera! He was so entirely tickled. He was holding the steering wheel and laughing and kicking his feet with excitement. It was so cute.
Another Abbyism I have failed to list here yet: Several dinners ago, we are having steak off Nana's grill. Abby has gotten a taste for steak and likes it, so she had some on her plate and was waiting for help to cut it. She says with a bit of teenagery inflection, "M-o-om, I need a LIFE!"
Just so you know, when she says "life", she means "knife".




5 comments:
oh too funny!
Too cute...
I am so glad the grocery store was a fun trip this time...that seems to never happen...could be that I really loathe grocery shopping though!
P.S. I need a life too! hahaha!
Would you like to make an appointment? HAHA! TOO cute!
I got one for you in that same manor... the secretary in LaCygne's school came in to tell me a little 1st grader stopped and told her, "My teacher says I need to ask you for a Virgina." Needless to say she was a bit perplexed, however after many back and forth attempts, the secretary realized she was asking for "an AGENDA"... the girl had no idea what an agenda was apparently! Kids and their interpretations are HILARIOUS!
Kids say the funniest things. I can remember when Jeff wanted a Draw aka beer but really a straw. Dad (Grandpa) got a kick out of that..
Kids and words are funny. Jeff couldn't say the word raking without putting a "p" sound for the k. He came in to get some water one summer day and I asked him what he was doing outside? He very matter of factly said, "Oh, me & Dad are raping & hoeing in the garden." I about fell over laughing. Of course, I had to go out and see for myself!!! LOL
Post a Comment