First Dental Visit




So Abby was so entirely excited to have her turn at the Dentist's. We read books, watched Goofy Goes to the Dentist on video, and she watched Papa and Nana take their turns getting their teeth cleaned. She was so primed for her turn. She crawled right up in the chair, did everything they asked and was so entirely perfect. They even took a couple of xrays which they usually don't do until age 5. The films were a bit too big for her mouth, so she didn't like that part too well. Otherwise, she was "the best kid" they had all day. I was really amazed. Given the reluctance she gives me just brushing her teeth at night, I though we were going to have a major fight on our hands. But she was good as gold.
They found 4 cavities on the chewing surfaces of her teeth. Mostly the back teeth on the bottom. Not too bad given Sean's teeth, but not great. I'm sure when they go in to fix those next month, that's when she will decide she doesn't like the dentist.




3 comments:
Bummer...poor kid! Love the pics though...save those for the scrapbook! Awesome!
So are you getting excited?
those pics are definitely great!!
She should do fine. They are really slick about the deadening process now. Hopefully the drilling won't spook her. Give her a hug and kiss from Aunt G and tell her I said "Good Job Abby!"
Post a Comment