Changing
Nathan is. Right now, he is sleeping in his crib for the longest nap I think he's had since he was born. I decided it was time he started sleeping in his room. So it was a really rough week while he cried at night and I had to fight every urge to go in and comfort him. And we had to cry out one of the middle of the night drinks. But, knock on wood, he has slept in his crib the last two nights without a peep for 6 hours at a stretch. The first night he did it, he went down about midnight and I didn't hear him cry until 7 am and I looked at the clock and thought surely I was seeing it wrong. Whatever will I do with myself with so much sleep?
And he has learned how to clap his hands. We've been doing Patty cake, and he figured it out. He just lights up with pleasure when he learns something new.
We had a visit from Sean's parents and sister yesterday. Abby had a great time, but Nathan was scared to let me out of his sight. Heather is almost done with her doctorate. She attends UMKC's Dental school in a special program trying to engineer better dentures (something like that). She is done with the classwork and is finishing up her research and has to write up her findings. She hopes to be done by May, which is good because she isn't being funded this year by any grants.
I've been hearing from Sean that his time over there is getting short. I'm sure the dates will change a few more times, but he thinks he is within 30 days of coming home. Talk about things changing...




4 comments:
YEAH SLEEP! I'm glad he is doing so well for you!
I am also excited for you to obtain a husband again after a very long and hard year without one! I still don't know how you did it...thank goodness for your parents!
P.S. Have you noticed the blogging community is GROWING?! LOL!
it'll be so nice for sean to get home!
Good for you...and him. He's getting more sleep as well as you.
Hope Sean is able to get home soon to start getting your family life together.
Did you help your mom start blogging? Can't believe she did it! lol
Yay, SEAN!!! Hope you're home SOON! And Stacy, SLEEP IS GOOD! :-)
Post a Comment