baby developmentbaby developmentbaby development

Monday, January 30, 2006

Voiceover Abby

I admit, I'm not the best mom. Given the current circumstances, I admit, I use the TV as a crutch and part-time toddlersitter. The right movie might give me 45 minutes of peace to feed/bathe/or goo at Nathan, or clean a fragment of the house.

So as a result, Abby has become quite the mockingbird. She might tell you, "coming soon to DVD and VHS from HIT Entertainment." And if you haven't heard the story yet, she's been watching a lot of Kipper. It's an English cartoon about a dog. Abby has picked up on the phrases from England as a result. Instead of saying, "It's my turn" or "Can I do it?" Abby will ask you, "Can I have a go?"

Unfortuneately, some of the parroting is not so cute. I think Forrest Gump was on the other day and she picked up the word "stupid". Although I don't think she knows exactly what it means because she hasn't used it in a mean way, yet. I'm sure it is still to come.

So my little walking commercial has very big ears. Be careful what you say....

No comments: