baby developmentbaby developmentbaby development

Friday, December 30, 2005

Dinner with Santa?

Last night, the four of us went to eat at Bennigans in Columbia. At another table, an older gentleman and lady were having their dinner. He was balding on top, but had white hair, a white beard and mustache, wore small circular glasses, and was sorta heavyset.

I whisper to Abby..."Abby, guess what? Santa Claus is eating here, too!"

She starts to look around and doesn't seem to notice. So I tell her, "I don't think he wants to be noticed, he's not wearing his red outfit. He's wearing a yellow sweater."

She looks again and gets a big grin. I say, "Do you see him? Is that Santa?"

She says, "Yep, that's him alright."

Sean asks her if she wants to go say hi to him, (which is a step further than I would have gone with it...not wanting to really bother a random stranger at his dinner) but luckily she's still afraid of Santa enough that she said, "Nope".

I just thought that was funny. I don't know where she learns some things. I don't recall ending many sentences with "alright", but it was too cute.

1 comment:

Jen said...

How fun...I can't wait to be a parent to experience those fun things! How are you feeling?