baby developmentbaby developmentbaby development

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Anticipation

Ever have that feeling like something big is about to happen? Like you are having that perfect weather just before a tornado wipes out your house? I'm having that feeling. The other shoe is gonna drop sooner or later and stomp on me.

Perhaps it is because things are going a little too well. The baby sleeps. He only cries when he's hungry or I'm changing his diaper (or he's getting a bath). Abby has been beautiful around him and seems to be adjusting amazingly well. I've somehow been able to shower when they are in bed, and today is the first day I haven't had a nap, but my parents have been great about taking Abby for awhile so I can have one. Yeah, the feedings at night have made me tired, but at least he eats and goes right back to sleep. Everything is going rather smoothly and in the majority for the good...so is this why I feel like things are going to explode any second? It's too good to be true, so reality is going to slap me upside the head soon?

I also have not heard from Sean for several days. He is supposed to be coming home, so I assume he is on his way or waiting for his plane or something. Is he going to disrupt this fragile calm and send Abby in a tailspin when he leaves again? Is it the holiday season and the mountain of things that will be crammed into Sean's two weeks home? Something is coming...and it is foreboding. I don't know what it is, but I don't think I will like it.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Try to stay positive! Hope everything is going well. I would call, but I don't want to disturb...let me know how you are! Miss you!