The Second Coming
I suppose the epitomy of "normal" is to wonder if you can treat a second child as equally as the first. I already feel like a neglectful mother. Even though my belly is grotesquely swollen to the point that I have trouble getting up, walking, and my skin actually hurts; I admit that there has been so much going on that I tend to forget that there will be another little person here soon. Real soon. Frighteningly soon.
I also feel woefully unprepared this time around. The bag is not packed, the baby's room is not finished, I didn't take the lamaze refresher (who wants to go alone?), and we don't really have a name picked out. And the more uncomfortable I get, the more I realize that it could truly be ANY DAY now. Yikes.
We took Abby to the store today, and waiting in the checkout lines, she starts announcing (yes, that's the right word...nice voice projection, intonation, the whole bit) "Ladies and Gentlemen, Teachers and Students, the show is about to begin." She kind of looks around to see if anyone is watching. I ask her if she is going to sing a song, and she starts in on a very loud version of "La la la la" which had a tune, but it was completely an Abby original. All the people in line start smiling and giggling at such a performance, and I think she started to realize people were noticing her, because she came over next to me and ended the song. How can you focus on a second child coming with such entertainment?




2 comments:
Ok, I am glad to know that your skin hurts too...mine isn't BAD yet, but occassionally there will be one agitated spot that just won't stop itching and/or hurting...driving me INSANE!! I have a feeling you are going through the "nesting period" right about now...worrying about everything and all...I am just hopping that Decovin doesn't come early...one lady at the dr's today said her two came 4 weeks early...that means I could potentially have him in 6 weeks which would be around Christmas...that's not good...I really want him to make it to January so we don't have to celebrate another "holiday" in December...we have enough already...my birthday, christmas, and our anniversary! YIKES!
"ladies and gentlemen, teachers and students. the show is about to begin!" what a riot! good times, good times.
Post a Comment