baby developmentbaby developmentbaby development

Friday, November 18, 2005

Chaos Much?

Ok, so it has been a ridiculous long time since I've written here. I was hoping to put up a new picture of the baby but...

So the first appointment time was Wednesday. They called and said the Ultrasound tech had to go home sick, so they rescheduled for Friday (today). So this morning, they call again and say that something has come up and the Doctor had to leave early, but I can still get the ultrasound done. They reschedule the actual Doctor visit for Monday. So I go in and have the ultrasound and the tech is like "What are we looking for today?" and I'm like thinking to myself, "isn't that written somewhere on the orders?" but I tell her we are making sure the head is down (because the last ultrasound in WV, the baby was breech) and checking the size. The issue that is arrising is that if the baby is any bigger than 7 lbs, 11 oz (Abby's birth size), then the discussion of a C section becomes much more serious. Because I tore rather badly with Abby, if this baby is any bigger, then the tearing might be worse, which means the reconstruction is more tricky and there may be problems controlling my bathroom needs. I dunno, but wearing Depends at the age of 30 is not appealing.

So, the head is down, which is good, and so far, the estimated size is 6 lbs, 14 oz. I don't know how much the baby would gain in the next three weeks, but I know this last month is when they pack it on the most, so cross your fingers for me. Unfortunately, the baby was facing away from the camera, so the pictures aren't very exciting.

Anyway, I get home and the doctor's office calls again and says that whatever crisis the doctor had won't be over by Monday, so they reschedule for Tuesday. How crazy. Meanwhile, I wanted to see her to discuss my back because the last couple of days it has felt like any wrong move would throw it out and leave me immobile until the birth. One morning, I could barely waddle to the bathroom, it hurt so bad. It is feeling better now, but I'm still scared to bend and stretch beyond necessity. The time I really have an issue to discuss, and it keeps getting moved.

In other news, Sean will be moving again, so hold off sending any packages. The group he was working for (101st) decided they didn't need the reservists help, so they've been "evicted" and told to vacate. Rumor is that he may be moving further north than Tikrit where the elements he is supposed to be supporting are stationed. What a mess. We have a map of Iraq and we pointed at Tikrit to show Abby where Daddy was. She couldn't exactly pronounce "Tikrit", so it came out "Daddy's a creep". Maybe it's good that he's moving...he'll no longer be a creep. :)

2 comments:

Jen said...

So no picture anyway? :-( Sad for us...be sure to bring them with you at Thanksgiving...if you can still come. :-) Take it easy and STOP lifting Abby...make her crawl up to you while you are sitting...we don't need an immobilized 8 1/2 month pregnant woman!

Oh and what is up with your doctor and the DRAMA?! YIKES! Good luck getting an appointment, I hope he/she has some advice for you on your back...

LOVE YOU!

amanda said...

yeah... i wonder if the "emergency" had anything to do with a weekend getaway in tahiti... i know how those doctor people operate... ;-)