baby developmentbaby developmentbaby development

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Heroooooo


Well, he's gotta be strong, and he's gotta be fast, and he's gotta be fresh from the fight....



May I just say, I love a man in uniform. I can't imagine wearing all this gear in 120 degree heat, but it looks impressive. Reminds me of the movie "TOP GUN".

So, as you might tell from the picture, Sean is back in Iraq. He says he's living in a tent and there's not much to look at.

Abby and I just got back from a visit to Rob and Cindi's. Abby enjoyed playing with Adam and Lauren. It's always fun to see completely new toys everywhere. She was a little leary of their cats, Queenie and BigGuy. It was sort of fun to watch how playful kittens are, and yet, I'm not used to how much stuff they get into and play with. Charlie's been pretty well trained for so long now that he doesn't jump up on the kitchen counters or go after the hood cords on my sweatshirts.

We had an interesting religious discussion one night, so perhaps I will throw it out there as a topic starter. So, I had thought I figured out that big changes in one's life are some sort of lesson God is trying to teach. When Sean was deployed last time, I thought maybe the lesson was to bond with my daughter, or maybe to feel more confident in my parenting? Who really knows. But, this second deployment is really perplexing me. What is it that I'm supposed to be learning? What lesson do I need to learn? Am I that dense a student that I needed a remedial lesson? And in the same context, what the heck is Sean supposed to be learning by being removed from his children? Why does he have to miss the first year of their lives? If all things happen for a reason...what the heck is it? I feel like I'm supposed to figure something out that is a giant life lesson but like I can't or don't have all the puzzle pieces. Any thoughts?

1 comment:

Jen said...

Wow...that is a tough one...I'm not much on religion these days so I don't know if it is a "plan" of God...but maybe a plan that the President of the United States has in mind...Not to say he is our brightest President...but hopefully his staff knows best...that's all we can hope for.

All you can do is be proud of what Sean is doing for our country and remember that he will come home...you have to keep saying this to yourself...

I love you cuz!