baby developmentbaby developmentbaby development

Friday, September 09, 2005

Spooky

Have you ever had those moments where you remember a dream you had a long time ago and realize it has come true? I remember last year shortly after Sean came home the first time, I had a dream he had to go back. Just him, not his whole unit, and they didn't really know what to do with him, just that he had to be over there.

So whaddya know, here he is, involuntarily transfered from his unit (so it is just him, not his whole unit) to go back to Iraq and from what I've heard, they don't really know what to do with him, because they keep changing people's names around as to what they will be doing.

I suppose I should start keeping a dream journal when I have those vivid dreams and see if they all come true eventually. So does this mean I'm a tiny bit psychic? My dreams can predict the future? Or does everyone have this ability?

As another example, way back in high school (like 1995), I remember having a very vivid dream that New York had been attacked and the Empire State building was laying over on its side, and amidst the panic I was listening to a radio news broadcast about some sort of new illness. Since at the time, I didn't know about the twin towers of the WTC, my symbolic building in NY would have been the Empire state building. And all those rescue workers inhaling the dust was kind of like a new illness. So, there you go, I knew about 9/11 six years before it happened. At the time, I just thought it was a scary dream and I wrote a story about it turning it into a sci fi set in the future. Got an A on it...Unless that dream hasn't actually come true yet and they will hit NY again with some sort of bio or dirty bomb. Spooky.

2 comments:

amanda said...

weird!

Jen said...

That's UBER weird! Don't tell me if you have a dream about me unless it involves lots of money and success! LOL!