Back in the swing
School starts up, and things get busy real fast.
Abby went for her first piano lesson last night. She loved it. She is so excited about it.
My side requires a little back story.
Back in college, one of my favorite classes was an English class. Snore, English, I know. I liked it because Todd took it at the same time and we didn't know we had signed up for it until the first day. It was pretty fun taking a class together. The class itself was fairly HORRIBLE. It was a survey of southern fiction, or something like that, so we were supposed to be reading constantly to keep up with the teacher's schedule. Which brings us to the teacher...
Imagine if you will, the days of yore when people crossed the country in covered wagons. They made their own clothes, butchered their own food. They were a tough and rugged crowd.
What we came to know of our English teacher explained several things, but not everything. She told us she grew up without indoor plumbing, thus was used to an Outhouse. She told us she made her own clothes, which were neither modern nor well-fitting.
I'm not sure she was familiar with hairbrushes. Or routine baths. I think she escaped into books long ago and has never really come back. Eccentric to say the least...a tad cuckoo??? Well...
Anyway, back to our first Piano lesson. The lady seems very nice. I'm sure new clients are a bit unnerving. She seemed very soft-spoken, and a bit easily distracted. And after our encounter, I'm almost certain she could be English lady's sister...




No comments:
Post a Comment