baby developmentbaby developmentbaby development

Friday, June 05, 2009

Is it June already?

So school has been out for a couple of weeks now. And man, can I tell. It was really rubbing on me today. And I don't mean to complain. My kids are pretty good. I just wish they would get on the same page. Nathan always wants to go somewhere. Abby always wants to stay home. Nathan loves to be outside. Abby wants to be inside. I need a carbon copy of myself to watch both at the same time.

Anyway, this week was pretty busy. Monday was Abby's eye check. She did very well. Doc says we can go to yearly check ups unless some issue comes up. Got a new prescription. It is confusing me. The last script I seem to have is dated after her surgeries in April and is a power 2.75. I know it changed because the glasses she has now were bought last July before school. Doc didn't have her chart with him, just read the power in her current glasses. He said this script would be "stronger" to see if we can get her reading another line up on the eye chart. Current script is only a 2.00. So, either the July script went way down and he's bringing it back up, or Lenscrafters made these glasses wrong.

And that throws a monkeywrench into the search for the best deal on glasses. Do I trust Lenscrafters? And they are the same group as Pearle, so can I trust them? I don't know that I trust the cheapsters like WalMart, although there's no particular basis for that. The lady at St. Johns who did Nathan's special lenses so well said not to go to Sears. I can understand if she meant don't go there for the big lenses Nathan needs, but for Abby's small power, would it be ok? I suppose I could go to that lady for Abby's glasses, but it is way out in Creve Couer. Although I am quite happy with what Nathan got there.

Sigh. I hate these decisions.

Nathan had an eye checkup on Thursday. He goes to Children's, and they are pretty good there. I've mentioned the orthoptist who talks like he's high all the time. His only job is finding the right power for lenses, and he said Nathan's glasses are just fine, so no big payout for new lenses this time. Doc said everything looked good. Only thing was that his right eye seems to turn in occasionally, so they want to watch that. I hope it sorts itself out. That eye was turned out a bit when he was born, so not sure what's going on. Nathan was extremely good. The only screaming was when they did the dilation drops. The downside of Children's is it was incredibly packed. Seriously, at one point, it was standing room only. And it takes forever. We were there 3 solid hours. And they see babies to teens, so it was 3 solid hours of various forms of crying. Nathan had a good time playing. Next time, I need to remember to bring a book or something. One stroke of luck was that Abby got to spend the afternoon at a friend's house playing so she didn't have to experience the 3 hours of captivity.

2 comments:

Clog Nana said...

You will have a long summer I fear. But with all the activites you set up it may just surprise you and go fast.

Clog Nana said...

I can't wait to see which will win. long or fast. lol