baby developmentbaby developmentbaby development

Saturday, May 09, 2009

play ball

Today was Abby's first T-ball game. We only found out like Thursday night, so we had to drop our plans to go to the USO day at the zoo. :(

But T-ball was fun. Abby is on the yellow team. They voted to be called the "Dragons". She is wearing the #1 shirt. I guess we have games every saturday morning all this month.

She hit pretty well. Although, I must say, my girl was the fielder spinning around, looking at the clouds...not watching the game much. Oh well. The team is pretty good. We have a girl who ran down 2 guys and tagged them out, if the outs counted. There were 3 innings and everyone gets to bat each round. At this level it is about having fun and learning a few basics. But I suspect if we played real rules, we would have won. We had the only outs. I suppose if we really waited for 3 outs each round, we would still be there.

So it was a nice morning. It kept fluctuating between hot and cool. It would be chilly if a cloud passed or a breeze blew, but then it would be hot. I think I got a patch of sunburn down my v-neck shirt and on one leg.

We'll have to see next weekend if we take Nathan. He played at the playground for a little while, but then got bored. And next weekend is a 9 am game, so we'll see if we all go or split up into sleepers and players.

3 comments:

gjlac said...

Get yourself a fashionable wide brimmed hat.

Clog Nana said...

I would have picked the zoo. There will be so many ball games and they are character building but the USO would have been fabulous. I am just thinking out loud

Clog Nana said...

So how are you doing? Is your neck back to normal? Does it still feel like a turtle neck?