baby developmentbaby developmentbaby development

Saturday, May 02, 2009

Oh dear

That was not fun.

It has taken a week, but I think all residual thyroid hormone is now depleted. They told me to keep taking my itty bitty 50 mcg dose that I was on before they cut. It is waaaaaaay not enough.

Little symptoms that have been gone for a good 10 years are creeping back. And just a few minutes ago, I had a massive, massive, sudden drop in blood sugar. Let me tell you, that is an entirely horrible feeling. I remember having those, but I don't remember it hitting so forcefullly. I think I'm still shaking a little.

That was totally unpleasant. I sure hope that doesn't happen next week when it is just me and Nathan. If something happened, I'm sure Abby could call 911. I think Nathan would just tackle me and think I was his personal trampoline. I will be calling the doc on Monday to see if I can double or triple up until I see the endocrinologist again.

Lordy. I can't believe I got through college with these symptoms.

1 comment:

Clog Nana said...

I can't believe you haven't called. Oh but I won't be home after tomorrow. I will be in Overland Park. Did you get a call in for the Dr. and are you doing OK???