24
hours until I go in for surgery. It is supposed to be a really lovely, warm weekend, and I will be sleeping it off. Kind of a bummer.
So not much exciting stuff to tell. Last Sunday, we took the kids to the Y for the first swim lesson. Abby took some last summer on Scott AFB. It was Nathan's first lesson.
I don't know what happened with Nathan, but he is not a happy swimmer. Abby loved the water and was never afraid. Even though Nathan is older than the 36 months suggested on the class description, I signed him up for the "mom and me" class because I know he is terrified of the water and if we put him with some stranger on top of that, no way would he ever like going swimming. So because of my surgery and inability to go in the water next time, Sean went in with him.
They tried different things with all the kids to get them used to the water. They did some kind of song that was like washing in a bathtub while the grown ups put water on the kids with their hands. Nathan seemed ok with that. When Sean went to pick him up and take him off the edge of the pool, Nathan was CLIMBING Sean to get away from the water. And he was raising his feet to keep his toes out of the water.
So after some crying, and sitting back on the edge, they brought out some toys. The other little ones were reaching for the toys and doing like a beginning crawl stroke. Nathan got ahold of a duckie and that duckie was strangled! He had such a death grip.
We were debating whether to keep him enrolled to try and get over this phobia, or if we should not torture the boy and try to get our money back. We'll see what happens next Sunday.




1 comment:
Good luck on the surgery! I'll be thinking of you! Love ya!
Post a Comment