I hate that look
So I take Nathan to the optical shop that Tricare redirected us to to get his free pair of glasses going.
This place is in Swansea, IL. Not a huge town by any stretch. I walk in, and the first thing I notice is the frame selection is really sparse. It doesn't look that well stocked. I don't even see a kid's section.
There are two ladies there, so I walk up to the counter and ask if they can even fit this power. I hand them Nathan's prescription, and the lady looks at us like we just flew in from Neptune.
I hate that look.
She kind of puts her hand to her mouth like she is that shocked kid from Home Alone.
Then she says, Well, I think we can, but the doctor is not here today. I'd like to check with him first before we do anything.
So she makes a copy of the script and takes my phone number and they will call us Monday if they can do it. Oh, and she's worked there for 35 years and has never seen a script that strong. Then she looks again and mutters, "and there's a bifocal on top of that?"
I don't have the warm and fuzzies about this place, do you? If they've never dealt with this before, why does my son get to be their guinea pig? Why should we have to deal with the mistakes in their learning curve? The first optical shop, at St. John's, knew exactly what was going on, and it was no big deal to them.
So we will wait for Monday's call. Either they will try to do it and we get to deal with it. Or they can't do it, and we fight Tricare again to tell them this place is bogus.
I am getting so tired of fighting every step of the way!




No comments:
Post a Comment