baby developmentbaby developmentbaby development

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Spades are broken

OK, it is just barely past July, and I have seen a Christmas ornament display already!!!! Pa-leez! Can we at least wait until Halloween?

And today, they broke ground on the empty lot next to us. The massive back hoe dug out the basement, and our whole house wiggled every time. Luckily, my friend called up and invited me to her house for most of the day, so we didn't have to feel or hear the heavy equipment.

But I suppose now it will be 2-3 months of hammers and buzz saws. Yippee. And some of our view will now be someone's house.

Abby seems to be enjoying school. She says the boys like to fight with each other. The other day, she was asking about marriage.

"I'm going to marry Daddy"
"He's already married to me" I tell her.
"Then I'll marry Papa."
"He's already married to Nana"
"Well, who will I marry?"
"Usually, someone your age"
"Someone my age that I think is beautiful?"
"Sure"
"Like Nathan? I can marry Nathan!" very excited.
"He's your brother. You can't marry your brother" Some discussion about laws followed. I asked her if there were any boys in her class she thought were beautiful.
"Well, maybe Gabriel. He's a different Gabriel, not the one from preschool. Gabriel and Ben like to fight with each other. All the time. They're nice to me, though."


Uh oh...she goes for the "bad boy" type!

4 comments:

gjlac said...

Your story made me laugh. Your fun has just started. lol

Jen said...

Hahaha! Too cute! I can't wait to have the psuedo adult conversations with Decovin & Camden...it just puts me in stitches to hear D say some of the things he says now...but to actually have a conversation...can't wait! Thanks for stories!

Clog Nana said...

She will get along better with boys since she has a brother. I didn't have that. I was not sure what to think of "boys". Took me a while to even like to date.

Clog Nana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.