baby developmentbaby developmentbaby development

Sunday, August 03, 2008

A Movie-ng Birthday

We've had a busy weekend. Friday night, Sean's folks babysat for us and we went out for a date night. Haven't had a date night in...too long to remember.

So there is a fancy restaurant down the street called Andria's. They make their own steak sauce and sell it at the local grocery stores. They are only open for dinner. We go there and try to have a fancy dinner. The lady looks at her books and says she doesn't have any open tables until 8. (It is 6:45ish) Well, heck with that.

So we decide we'll go see a movie. We go see "Step Brothers" which was funny, but raunchy. It was like stepping into a 7th grade locker room and crawling into a very foul-mouthed perverted head. We ate a lot of popcorn. When it let out, it was still "early", not quite nine. We were very full of popcorn, but somewhat munchy still. So we decided to go to Taco Bell. So much for that fancy dinner. It was kind of nice tho. Like dating in college.

Saturday, we met Sean's folks for brunch as they were heading back towards Florida by way of Kentucky to see Heather. Then Sean and I decided to head for Missouri to take advantage of the tax holiday. Heather had sent us a movie gift certificate, but the only theater nearby owned by that company was over at the St Louis Mills mall in Hazelwood. OK, so we'll go do a little school shopping and see what is playing.

Found some clothes for Abby and Nathan and then we went to see "Space Chimps". It was so so. Abby seemed to like it. Nathan fell asleep. I was glad Heather paid for it. I don't think it is one we will see twice.

Then we took a drive trying to find a Walmart or a Target and we don't know that area that well. We ended up in Chesterfield at a huge Target and got the last of Abby's school supplies. We didn't get home until pretty late.

And Today is my birthday. Yee haw. It was a nice day. Sean got me an hour massage at Message Envy. That was good. Then we went out for some Mexican, also good. Then we came home and relaxed at the house. And tomorrow we get up for more swim lessons. And I have to be extra careful not to get pulled over because I didn't realize it, but my license EXPIRED today. It was old (from Texas) but the DMV here doesn't open until Tuesday. Geez, I wonder if I'll have to take the whole test over again. That would suck.

6 comments:

Mel said...

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!! Love you!!

No you are cool they don’t make you take the test over till its been like 6 months I think. I forgot mine after Bill passed away for about 2 weeks.. Didn’t even figure out that it was expired till I wrote a check and the lady said your license has expired.. I said YES ON MY (now realizing that my b-day had passed)birthday.. oops.. ran to the DMV and renewed it.. (I was still in my angry stage so poor lady kind of was stern with her till I figured out I was wrong.. hehe

Clog Nana said...

I love to see your face when you get your item fromQVC. I LOVE QVC, susan graver especially.

Jen said...

QVC comment was random...haha!

Happy late bday! I'm jealous of your one hour massage!!

Christy said...

Happy late birthday! Sounds like you had some fun!

Clog Nana said...

I had just talked to her about a package coming with her present inside. QVC is the shipper.

gjlac said...

A late Happy Birthday kiddo to you and Sean! So what verdict did you decide about Nathan's eyes? Will Abby's eyes improve any more than they have now? Sounds like you have been doing some fun things and enjoying life.