baby developmentbaby developmentbaby development

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Shredded Wheat

Those with weak stomachs, turn back now.

Sean has a sweet tooth. He will eat just about anything with sugar on it. He also has a habit of having a snack before bed. Lately, snack du jour is a bowl of frosted shredded wheat.

Nathan will eat just about anything. The boy likes salad, pickles, coconut, hummus...you name it, he'll try it. Of course, he especially likes anything mommy or daddy happens to be eating.

So it has become a ritual of late that Sean will have his bowl of cereal and Nathan will be right there in front of him, eating every other spoonful. It's been going on for a couple of weeks I guess.

Last night, Nathan is running around in a diaper, shirt, and socks. He's been sitting on the potty but more like a game than a real effort to pee. Sean had just changed his diaper to get him geared down for bed and Nathan is playing by his new train table when Sean goes "Oh! Eck!" And he yells for my help as he holds Nathan by the armpits at arms length. He starts to walk him over toward me on our brand new couch when I notice a liquidy brown smear running down his leg and lumpy brown piles gathered on his socks. Sean is looking at me like he's going to hand him to me ON THE NEW COUCH, and I'm like NOOO! Go hold him over the toilet!

We get him in there and Sean goes to start cleaning up the carpet while I have to untangle the diaper without a brown flood covering the floor. I hold Nathan on the potty for a few seconds to make sure the deed is done, and then start to wipe him down. The socks went right in the trash. (They were getting small anyway) and he got almost a full bath with wet wipes. That stuff just gets everywhere.

That'll teach us to feed a baby so much fiber! No more shredded wheat for Nathan!

3 comments:

Clog Nana said...

pooey poo poo. yucky nasty. Did the stain come out of the rug?? Hope so.

Jen said...

Yucky poo poo! I wish I could eat shredded wheat and have the same results...only, not running down my leg...just more of a "regular" feeling...haha!

Mel said...

OH MY how funny and just gross.. hehe.. but SO FUNNY poor guy.. hehe.. guess that is one snack Sean wont share again..hehe