Spring Break!!!
What a busy weekend. See Nana's blog for most of the events. We definitely had a good time. The Easter Bunny was very generous this year. The kiddos made out like bandits. Unfortunately, I did not have a camera or video with me, so we will have to rely on Nana to upload any photos of the fun.
In other news, we do have an update on Abby's eye. She had another appointment just before we went to Nana's, and this time she is seeing 20/60!!!! Hallelujah. Keep up those prayers, maybe we can still get her seeing. The doc said that this was very good because 20/60 is the magical number that means down the road, she will be able to get a driver's license. Who knew? Kinda scary to think that people out there are driving around a bit blurry. Since we have some good improvement, the doc says that perhaps now with the IOL and the glasses, she is finally getting a clear picture on her retina so her brain is learning to see clearly out of that eye. Now that the brain is cranking up those connections, we might still get some better numbers. Pray pray pray.
Now they want to set up the other eye for surgery. She sees ok out of it, but the doc says that between 6-9, those brain connections will stop forming, and if we want to squeeze any MORE usable sight, we have to do it while the brain can still adapt. I know she will be upset and angry because she does NOT want another surgery, but how can we not try to get the best possible sight? I hate the idea of another surgery, but I also hate the idea of permanent blur.
Oh, and ever since they expressed Charlie's grapes, he's got this mild stink about him. Eeew. Old man smell.




5 comments:
Good news for Abby! What about Nathan? Have they said whether or not he will be headed for the same surgeries or is his eyesight better than Abby's ever was? I hope Abby will be able to see clearly soon! We will be thinking about her! :-)
In regards to Charlie: nasty! LOL!
Yay for Abby's sight. Hopefully she will be ok with another op. since this one has improved her eyesight. We definitely pray for her.
As for Charlie...ewww is right...time to put him on an iceberg and say goodbye! ewww.
No- you can't mean that. Charlie is the pet of the house. The kids are quite attached. Nathan talks to him.
I think a little soda water wash will help. Don't make the kids cry. no no no.....
Put him on an iceberg and say goodbye?
OK, Cruella, who pissed in your cornflakes?
LOL I wondered what kind of response I would get for that statement. Sorry about that, but for me, cats in the house represent stinky litterboxes, itching eyes, runny nose, sneezing, wheezing, not being able to breathe...feeling like dying. I find it hard to cozy up to cats because of that. I am glad that none of you have that problem. I think it was the talk about him being old and stinky I guess. The eskimo way of dealing with the old popped into my head.
Post a Comment