Mixed results
Abby is one month post-op. We went in for another check up today. She could still only read the 20/80 line. I was a bit surprised. I was expecting much better results. She saw 20/100 before the surgery, 20/80 with pinholes right after the surgery, and 20/80 today without pinholes. Doc assures me this is good, it is still progress. At this point, her brain needs to catch up with the new vision. It could still improve. I certainly hope so.
They worked a bit with some lenses and that helped her. I think we are still under the 90 day free lens replacement for a prescription change at the eyeglasses place, so I kind of hassled them into writing us a new script. He didn't want to until next month because it still might change. I'm like, ok, but if we change the lens now, they will likely reset the 90 day window and we won't have to pay outright for the new lens. Blast. It seems she will still need glasses. It certainly would have been a huge blessing if this surgery would have completely fixed it for her. I suppose I can still hope for that.
Anyway, we went to eat and then stopped by to see Papa. We tried to coordinate a meeting so he could eat with us, but it didn't work out. At least we got a quick visit.




4 comments:
So what is the Dr's thoughts for her eventual ending progress? Will she have to have another operation sometime? Will her glasses still be thick? You can get the thinner glass now. We did that with Jeff, David, & Christy. So what does Abby think of it all?
Well, this doc is the surgeon, so he only sees us until her eye is healed up. Now we go back to the old eye doc to see about patching or whatever he thinks we need to do to improve vision.
She shouldn't have to have another operation on that eye. Knock on wood!!! The only reason would be some sort of injury to the eye that tears the implant out of place. Holy cow we certainly pray that never happens!
Her glasses should not be thick anymore. From forcing him to write the script, her lens used to be a +15 or so, and now it is like a +3. So that is good.
It is hard to determine what Abby thinks of it all. I gather that she thought she wouldn't need glasses anymore. She seemed disappointed when I told her we might need them again. I think she knows that kids her age at school generally DON"T have glasses. There is one other little girl in her class with glasses, so that helps. One of the boys' mom told me that "Gabriel came home all excited and told me that Abby had a new eye and didn't need glasses anymore" so I think her surgery and new bionic eye made her a bit of a celebrity in her class for a bit, and now if she goes back to glasses, that magical aspect will be crushed.
Bummer.
That is a bummer.
I certainly hope her eyes keep getting better and better and maybe eventually she won't need those glasses anymore!
Glad you got to see your dad!
Post a Comment