Loquat Pie
Loquats are a chinese fruit. Size of an apricot. Tastes like an apricot mated with a peach. They aren't bad. They aren't anything whoopdedoo either. Abby LOVES them. She will eat a whole pile of them.
The last time we went to the Chinese buffet where she usually eats them, we asked where we could go buy them to have at home. There were some communication glitches, but we can buy a can of theirs for $8. And it is a huge huge buffet can that serves 19. Not sure what fervor we were in, but we buy one.
So the other night, Sean opens the can. Abby eats a lot, but not anywhere near 19 servings. I ate what I could. Nathan chewed on one. So we have a huge can of loquats leftover. I'm not sure if we can freeze them. Abby may not want them every night for the next 2 weeks.
I pull out the good ol' Better Homes cookbook. What do you know, they have a recipe for Apricot-almond pie. And it needs 4 cups of apricots!!! PERFECT!!!! It even calls for amoretto, which we happen to have from New Years.
So we mix it up and it isn't half bad. I could really taste the amoretto. Sean liked it.
Abby did not.
But, we used up the huge can of loquats!!!




10 comments:
Sounds yummy. Too many in one week and you could shoot the moon. Fun fun.
Sounds de-loquat-cious! :-)
I'd be game to try it once. :-)
I have never heard of Loquat. Little Abby is more oriented to new things than the rest of us. I don't believe I have even seen Loquat at a chinese buffet nor on a menu. VERY INTERESTING!
everytime you say loquat, i think it must be some made-up kid word for something else... like sauerkraut or something... and i wonder why on earth abby would be willing to eat such horribly disgusting smelliness.
Yes. Sauerkraut pie would indeed be disgusting.
Yes. Sauerkraut pie would indeed be disgusting.
Yes, that would be a "yuckee" from me.
It looks so much like an apricot that I bet you passed it over for some yummy crab rangoon. lol
so much talk about loquats...i never knew they could be so interesting...haha!
Post a Comment