baby developmentbaby developmentbaby development

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Want some cough-ee?

It is one thing to be awake all night being overly protective of your post-op daughter. It is quite another when there is no apparent reason.

Abby, Nathan, and I have all come down with a cough. It is dry, persistent, and at times, seems like you will cough your tonsils out. Abby seems better. Nathan seems better. It is hitting me like a train.

I'm sure I've been run down lately. My cycles are completely off since the all-nighters with Abby. I can go lay in bed at midnight or 1 am and not sleep until 4. I even went off the happy pills thinking they were disrupting my ability to fall asleep. When that didn't work, I went back on them thinking maybe they will MAKE me fall asleep.

Last night, I went online and read up on symptoms. I'm thinking I have viral bronchitis. So, viral...must run its course. Yippee.

I went to sleep in the spare room last night so I wouldn't cough all over Sean, the only healthy person left. Just as I would be relaxing into a semi-sleep, I would start coughing my head off. I had taken the mucinex D that worked like a charm last time, but this time, it is doing nothing. Finally, about 4 am, I got up and took some Nyquil. Went back to lay down and before I knew it, the sun was shining thru the windows. Talk about college flashbacks. I was tempted just to get up and make some breakfast and wait for everyone else to get up. But I really was feeling crappy. The Nyquil finally kicked in, and I got some sleep! However, Sean and the kids got up and started banging around, so it wasn't very deep.

Anyway, it seems I have gone completely nocturnal, which isn't good because Sean goes back to work tomorrow and won't be here to get up with the kids. Any ideas on getting back with the rest of the world and sleeping at night?

3 comments:

Clog Nana said...

Hey there. How are you feeling today? I am up extra early. I didn't get to sleep til 3 a.m. and am up at 5:30. What's with that?

Everyone is focused on that baby and no time for blogs. So you can write to me and I will write to you. lol

Clog Nana said...

Hey there. How are you feeling today? I am up extra early. I didn't get to sleep til 3 a.m. and am up at 5:30. What's with that?

Everyone is focused on that baby and no time for blogs. So you can write to me and I will write to you. lol

gjlac said...

Go out and do some walking during the day. No naps. Then at night, read a book til you fall asleep. Hey, clog nana...as we get older, we don't need as much sleep so they tell me.