baby developmentbaby developmentbaby development

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Update

After a few hours of sleep, we got up and out of the house by 6 am this morning. We had to be at the doctor's office at 7:30. We were the first ones there, and got checked in, and had to wait. (BTW, thanks, Rob, for the ipod speakers. They came in very handy today!)

So they didn't really take her back for the surgery until almost 9. Abby was in the little Bugs Bunny hospital gown and paper hat and snoozing. She was being very good, but I don't think she knew what was coming.

So after a very torturous long wait (the surgery took about 2 hours), they finally called me back so I would be there when she woke up. She had a rough time coming out of the anesthesia, but the first thing she wanted to do was go potty. She was so groggy, we were kind of holding her up on the seat, but she went, and then relaxed into another snooze.

She finally woke up enough to drink some water. We forced her to take some tylenol because she was crying because her eye hurt. Then they took the IV out and we got to go home.

She's doing OK for now. She is still sleeping it off. We go in tomorrow to get the bandage off and start the eye drops. Tomorrow, I think the pain will really kick in, so keep a few prayers that it won't be too bad.

4 comments:

Jen said...

I'm glad that everything went ok and you are home! Give Abby a squeeze for me! What a big girl! What did Nathan do when he saw her?

Hugs & Kisses!

amanda said...

glad this part is behind you. hope she doesn't have too much pain and bounces back soon! i'm sure she will!!

Clog Nana said...

Hey there. I can't help but feel she will like the change once she gets over the ouchies. Is she doing OK? I miss her. Love NANA

Mel said...

Glad Abby is doing ok..I know that had to be a long morning!! give her some hugs and smooches from all of us here..

Love to all of you