baby developmentbaby developmentbaby development

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

It's a chocolate miracle!!

Abby kept saying she couldn't see anything out of her new eye. Dots and splats. It's still healing, mom.

So we were in that post-dinner lull. The food had been eaten, but we were still around the table relaxing. Chat time. The tv rattled in the background. Abby laid her head in my lap. I had just put her drops in, and we were thinking she might want to take a nap and rest the eye. I covered the non-surgery eye and asked her if she could see me.

No.

Can you see my nose?

No.

Really? It's right in front of you. (I'm only like 8 inches from her)

No, I can't see anything with that eye.

At this point, Daddy gets up from the table and goes into the kitchen. He tells me to keep that eye covered. He re-emerges holding something behind his back.

He makes sure she is looking thru the surgery eye. And brings forth the item. Maybe she can make out the shape of it at least. "Hey, Abby...what am I holding?"

It doesn't take her but a split second to say, "Candy!"

Hershey's needs to open a new sector to their business. Apparently, the blind can see chocolate bars!!!!

9 comments:

Jen said...

HAHAHA! That is hysterical! So she CAN see! YAY! Love the story!

amanda said...

AWESOME!!! So glad to hear it! and hysterical at the same time!

Christy said...

You gotta love melingering! LOL

Christy said...

Sorry... MALINGERING.

Judy said...

Cool...glad she is doing better....YOU GO ABBY!!

gjlac said...

HOORAY FOR CHO-CO-LATE! :-) Has she admitted that she can see yet? She knows how to push you buttons doesn't she? lol

Jen said...

Man, I am still laughing about this one! LOL!

Jen said...

Anything new?

Mel said...

This was to funny!! I knew chocolate had powers but MAN that is a good one!!! You should write hersheys about that one...haha