Brainwaves
So, I've been on the happy pills about a month now. I notice a difference. I went in for the ol' female check-up last month and I told him the meds were helping, but I can still feel the mope, so he said try taking 2 for a couple of weeks and see if it is any better. So I doubled up and could barely feel a thing, but it was making me super tired. Like needing a nap midday or biting everyone's head off. So I went back to just taking one, but the mope washes back over me in a wave now and then. So what to do...my brain is chemically upset.
Hmm...the other day it was 70 degrees out so we pried Abby away from Spongebob to try out her new big girl bike. She did it just perfectly at the store when we were trying to see what size bike to get her, but out on the street, she was scared to pedal. I walked beside her to provide a bit of momentum now and then, and we went up and down the street once. We got back to our driveway and she said, "This is fun. I'm all done now." Stinker.
Nathan was having a grand time. I think he would stay outside all night if we let him. He's putting more words together. It still cracks me up how "clean" he is. If he gets his hands messy during meals, he holds them up and says, "teaky" (sticky), and repeats until we wipe his hands with something. We were getting groceries the other day and he and Abby were playing a chase game up and down the aisles. We got to produce, and she went with dad one way and I followed Nathan another and he finally turned around (he thought Abby was chasing him) and didn't see her so he starts peeking around the bins saying "Bia, a ya roo?" (Where are you?) Then he went back where he had come from to see if she was still back there. That amazed me. When he saw her he giggled all over himself and clapped "yay!"
Oh, and Illinois is WINDY. I swear, the wind blows pretty fiercely and usually at night when we want to sleep. I guess that is the breaks living by a corn field. No trees to break up the wind.
Speaking of breaking the wind, I'm kind of glad the writers are striking. I heard it may cancel the Golden Globes and Oscars. Good. The stinkin press will have to go cover something more important. Hollywood gets too much coverage. I know more about Britney Spears than what is going on in Iraq.




5 comments:
It must be a phase, b/c Decovin just recently started the "sticky" hands phase also. He will hold up his hand and say "sticky (pause) hands? (in a question format)" and will open and close them until we wipe them too! haha! Cuteness.
I am so excited for Camden to have a sibling to chase around like that! Should be interesting!
Yea it is cute when they are that age.. but when they get to my boys ages.. well NOT so CUTE .. cause when they catch each other it usually ends with one being punched!!! Or a yelling match.. hehe
TMI on Britney Spears, I agree with you!
It is fun to watch kids play when they are doing so in good fun. When they fight, it is rather stressing.
You did well with your daughter than I did with mine. Christy got on and pedaled off just fine, but we forgot to tell her how to put on her brakes and she just kept going to the end of the block and over the hill down through the trees and fell off her bike. When she got too far for me to catch up with her, all I could do was scream for David and then cry. He was fearing the worst but she AND the bike were ok. She didn't even want to try riding it for almost a year after that! It was a bit traumatic for all of us I think!
Haha! You should hear Christy's version of this story...I had tears in my eyes...from LAUGHING! HEHEHE!
Ah yes, it's always DINNER... and then the ACCIDENT STORY! ;-) (Fathom a guess which movie this is from?)
Post a Comment