baby developmentbaby developmentbaby development

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Where does the time go?

Holy cow, I am the mother of a FIVE year old.

Yep, five years ago today, I was sore and exhausted. I can't believe it's been five years already.

We took her to lunch at Applebees and they sang to her and gave her ice cream. They asked her how old she was, and she thought about it and turned to Nana and asker her, "How old was I?" I think she is confused because today is her actual birthday, but Saturday is the party, so she didn't know if she should say five yet or wait until Saturday.

Anyway. Guess we'll try to go to bed early...feeling so old and all...

6 comments:

Clog Nana said...

Time. Let me see. I was just a mom a couple of years ago and now I am a grandma to 7 little ones. I don't feel that old (except for some chronic pains) but somehow it happened just the same.

Grandma Becker alway told me when the kids were little that this would be the best time of my life. She was right, however at the time I was dealing with tantrums, meals, running here and there and I thought I was stressed out too much to enjoy.

Now I see what she meant. SOOOO I am enjoying the grandkids and not stressing on the little things that bugged me when I was younger. I love the whole spectrum of kids and their learning and discovery times.

I am a softy and the time my dear is now. Enjoy.

Clog Nana said...

P.S. Today I was helping buckle up Abby in the car seat to head out to school. She was looking at me intently and said, very calmly "Your face is cracked!"

Now that tells time!!! Where does the time go?

amanda said...

that is far, far too funny! happy birthday to abby!

Mel said...

I an laughing so hard i almosted pee'd myself.. to funny what kids say .. and they are so honest ... Love to Abby & Nathan.. and Happy Birthday to both!!

gjlac said...

Time? It will go by much too fast...especially the older you get, so enjoy the "now". I agree with your mom about being able to relax and enjoy the Grandkids. Watching them grow and learn is much more fun.

Happy Birthday to Abby. Have fun at your party.

Jen said...

So, how did the party go?!